Studies show only 10% of people sleep in the nude, and this is surprising especially with all the wonderful benefits that come along with sleeping in the buff. If the thoughts of sleeping in the nude are not very appealing to you, here are seven reasons that will have you convinced!
1. People who are sleeping naked tend to have better relationships. Skin to skin contact releases oxytocin, the bonding hormone. Those pesky pajamas can get in the way of skin to skin contact, and we need oxytocin it elevates happiness, lowers stress and reduces blood pressure.
2.Sleeping naked reduces your risk of yeast infections. It allows your vaginal area to have a chance to air out; yeast grows in warm and moist conditions. When it is cool and dry, the growth is prevented.
3. You will have a healthier body wearing clothes at night keeps your body warmer, which prevents the growth hormone from being released. The growth hormone repairs your body!
The Growth hormone:
- Promotes bone density
- repairs tissue
- builds muscle
- lowers your risk of diabetes
- lowers your risk of heart disease
- promotes healthy weight
- stimulates the growth of internal organs
- stimulates the immune system
4. You will have better sex, Just think about it, with all that oxytocin going around, and you’re both naked already!
5. Our bodies need to cool at night; this decreases our levels of cortisol. If we do not get enough restful sleep, we wake up with high levels of cortisol. High levels of cortisol trigger your appetite and our tendencies to overeat. High Cortisol levels can disrupt our sleep patterns, increase belly fat, and lower libido.