The human body has its own detoxifying mechanisms and every day it detoxifies countless chemicals and substances that you are exposed to. Pretty much everything you breathe, eat, drink, or put on the body has to go through the body`s detoxification organs.
Main Organs of Detoxification:
The liver is the major detoxification organ. Hence, it`s no wonder that most detox recipes include herbs that promote liver health.
Each time your inhale, you bring in a combination of various compounds and potential pollutants and toxins into the body. The lungs help eliminate CO2 as waste.
The kidneys help cleanse the body and get rid of waste through the urine.
Healthy bowels mean going to the bathroom on a regular basis and eliminating waste efficiently. When things don’t run that smoothly, you experience problems like constipation or diarrhea.
Did you know that the skin is our largest organ? Sweat is its means of detoxification and elimination of waste material.
DIY Detox Tea Recipes:
Here are some of the best detox recipes that can be enjoyed throughout the day. The ingredients included should be organ in order to avoid toxins.
Detox Tea Recipe #1: Featured Herbs
- Green Tea: It is packed with polyphenols, flavonoids, and L-theanine, all of which help reduce stress, promote weight loss, lower blood pressure, and boost metabolism.
- Chamomile: It relaxes the muscles of the digestive tract and calms down both digestive and nervous system.
- Rosehip: Being packed with vitamin C, it promotes proper skin, tissue, adrenal, and immune system function.
- Hibiscus: It is high in antioxidants which help reverse inflammatory processes that stem from toxic build-up.
Teatox Recipe #1: Soothing Green Tea and Hibiscus
- 1 tsp. organic green tea
- 1 tsp. organic chamomile flowers
- 1 tsp. organic dried rosehip
- 1 tsp. organic dried hibiscus
Mix all the ingredients in a tea bag, teapot, or strainer with two cups boiling water. Steep for a few minutes. Drink two or three cups daily with food or away from food, it is up to you.
Detox Tea Recipe #2: Featured Herbs
- Oolong Tea: It helps promote weight loss by increasing the metabolism. There are a few varieties of oolongs and are partly oxidized.
- Ginger root: Ginger acts as great digestive aid and circulatory stimulant, promoting blood flow throughout the entire body.
- Cinnamon: It has been scientifically shown that cinnamon promotes weight loss, regulates blood sugar levels, and it reduces both stress and inflammation.
- Lemon Juice: Adding lemon juice to your tea is a good way to stimulate the process of elimination among the extensive list of other health benefits.
- Honey: It has potent antibacterial and immune –boosting properties. It can benefit the digestive tract and soothe a sore throat.
Teatox Recipe #2: Spiced Oolong Tea With Honey, Lemon and Ginger
- 1 tsp. organic oolong tea
- 1-inch fresh ginger root grated or sliced
- 1/2 tsp. ground organic cinnamon
- 1/4 fresh lemon, sliced
- 1 tsp organic honey
Mix all the ingredients with two cups of boiling water and steep for a few minutes. Drink 2-3 cups daily, preferably fresh.
Detox Tea #3: Pre-blended Detox Tea
If you are pressed for time or cannot afford regular visits to the health stores and buying all the individuals herbs to make the teas above, try out the 14 day or 28 day detox program by Affect Health. These formulas are laxative- free, which is an added bonus as laxatives provide the consumer with a false sense of weight loss.
Each 14 and 28-day program contains two detox blends:
1. Daytime Teatox: Fresh Citrus
This daytime blend contains fresh herbs and powdered medicinal herbs to enhance the strength of the blends. Specifically, it contains herbs like matcha green tea, yerba mate, lemongrass, hibiscus, dandelion root, and milk thistle, all of which work in synergy to reduce bloating, stimulate weight loss, boost energy levels, support the immune system, and improve skin clarity.
Organic Grade A Matcha, Organic Yerba Mate (Ilex Paragueriensis), Organic Orange Peel (Citrus Sinensis), Organic Jasmine Green Tea, Organic Hibiscus (Hibiscus Sabdarifffa), Organic Dandelion Root (Taraxicum Officials, Organic Lemongrass (Cymopogon Citrates), Organic Schisandra Berry Powder (Schisandra Chinensis), Organic Milk Thistle Seed Powder (Silybum Marianum).
2. Nighttime Teatox: Spiced Mint
This blend contains passion flower and organic valerian root to help promote relaxation and soothe anxious thoughts.
One cup of the nighttime blend is supposed to be enjoyed an hour before bed to help with liver support, reducing stress, and improving sleep quality.
Organic Valerian Root (Valeriana Officials), Organic Milk Thistle Seed Powder (Silybum Marianum), Organic Cinnamon (Cinnamonum Cassia),Organic Peppermint leaf (Mentha Piperita), Organic Passion Flower (Passiflora Incarnate).