Apple cider vinegar has been used for many household and cooking purposes for centuries.
Also, people have always used it as a natural remedy to treat many health issues and ailments due to its incredible healing properties. There are many reasons why you should include this fermented tonic in your daily diet, starting from aiding in weight loss and sore throat to supporting bone health and treating diabetes.
Here are the reasons why so many people started using apple cider vinegar as a natural remedy for numerous conditions. Best 22 Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar:
1. Warts – You can use ACV to cure warts. Mix equal parts of water and vinegar and soak the affected area for around 20 minutes a day. Another way is to soak a cotton pad in some vinegar and apply it over the affected area. Secure it with a bandage and leave it overnight. Warts will soon disappear.
2. Weight Loss – This vinegar stimulates the metabolic rate thus supporting the fat-burning and weight loss processes. Some recommend diluting two teaspoons of the vinegar in 16oz of water and drinking the solution throughout the day.
3. Fights Yeast Infections – Due to its antifungal and antibacterial properties, this vinegar relieves candida and other fungus or yeast infections of the foot, toenails, and skin.
4. Regulates Cholesterol Levels– Research has shown that ACV reduces the levels of triglycerides and bad cholesterol (low-density lipoprotein cholesterol) and increases the levels of good cholesterol (high-density lipoprotein cholesterol). In this way it helps improve the lipid profile and maintain normal cholesterol levels.
5. Promotes Bone Health– Apple cider vinegar contains high amounts of magnesium, potassium, calcium, and other valuable minerals which help improve and maintain bone strength and density.
6. Stabilizes Blood Pressure– Dilute a teaspoon of ACV in a glass of water and drink daily to stabilize your blood pressure. You can do this no matter if your blood pressure is high or low.
7. Helps Treat Diabetes– Apple cider vinegar has an anti-glycemic index which helps improve insulin sensitivity and normalize the metabolic rate. This helps keep your blood sugar at healthy levels.
8. Fights Arthritis– Due to the potassium content, ACV prevents calcium from accumulating in the joints – a condition related to joint stiffness, arthritis, and other bone diseases.
9. Hair Care– The main compound of apple cider vinegar – acetic acid, kills the Malassezia furfur fungus, cleanses the effect of toxic hair lotions, restores the scalp’s pH balance, treats dandruff, and strengthens the hair shafts leaving your hair shiny and lustrous.
10. Stops Hiccups and Acid Reflux– Hiccups and acid reflux can occur as a result of low stomach acid levels. But, ACV can help restore the acid balance in the stomach and relieve the irritating spasms of the diaphragm.
11. Skin Toner– ACV relieves inflammation, absorbs excessive oil, balances pH levels and fights numerous skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, liver or age spots, acne, sunburns, dry skin, and blemishes.
12. Mouth Freshener- Apple cider vinegar possesses acidic properties, so when diluted with water it can be used as a mouthwash for bad breath or halitosis.
13. Relieves Gastrointestinal Distress– The pectin in apple cider vinegar has antibiotic effects which help relieve diarrhea symptoms caused by a bacterial infection. It creates a protective covering which soothes the lining of the colon and intestinal spasms.
14. Soothes a Sore Throat– The acidic properties of apple cider vinegar effectively kill germs, thus providing relief for your sore throat.
15. Protects against Indigestion– Add some apple cider vinegar in a glass of warm water and a bit of honey to relieve indigestion.
16. Soothe Insect Bites- People have been using this vinegar as a natural remedy to stop itching from insect bites for centuries.
17. Replenishes Energy Levels- The potassium and enzymes found in this vinegar can over-ride fatigue by preventing lactic acid from building up in the body due to stress or post workouts.
18. Clears Stuffy Nose- You can try clear your blocked sinuses by drinking some ACV diluted in a glass of warm water.
19. Reduces Swelling- Add 1-2 capfuls of ACV in a warm bath and soak to moisturize your skin, expel toxins, and soothe your swollen and aching hands and feet.
20. Teeth Whitener- Besides whitening your teeth, gargling with this vinegar can help remove stains and kill mouth and gum bacteria.
21. Treats Varicose Veins- Due to its ability to boost the blood circulation, this vinegar can reduce the pain, bulging and swelling of varicose veins, making them less noticeable.
22. Natural Deodorant- Last but not least, ACV is a great natural deodorant which can absorb and neutralize the bad smell due to its acidic nature, without interfering with the natural processes of sweating and detoxification. Just mix some vinegar and water and soak a cotton ball in the solution. Rub your armpits with the cotton ball, and you’ll smell fresh all day.
Thanks for reading! Feel free to share in the comments below.