Microwaves were produced during the World War II, when two scientists invented a tube that produces magnetron, a type of microwaves. These magnetrons were combined within the radar system of Britain in order to find Nazi warplanes on their mission to bomb the British Isles.
A few years later, unintentionally, Percy LeBaron Spencer of the Raytheon Company found out that microwaves can also cook food. He discovered this by seeing that the radar waves had melted a candy bar in his pocket. The very first microwave oven that appeared on the market was called the Radar Range and it was as big and heavy as a refrigerator.
Numerous studies were conducted on the topic, and it was confirmed that microwave ovens are dangerous to our health.
How do microwave ovens heat/cook out food
Under the influence of the alternating currents, the atoms reverse their polarity, and as a result, friction and vibrating are being created. These vibrations of the water in he food molecules causes the food to heat up.
How are microwave ovens dangerous
In the microwave, there are about 2.45 billion hertz. This is not that scary, but only until the seal of the microwave door ages and starts leaking. It has been proven that the frequency amount that harms the human body is 10 hertz, so you should be very careful and you should always avoid standing near an operating microwave. This leak can harm your body, and you won’t even know it before it is too late and the damage is already done.
How does a microwave oven harm our bodies
- Weakens the immunity
- Causes cancer
- Causes birth defects
- Causes cataracts – because the eyes do not contain enough blood vessels to dissipate the cellular stress and heat from the microwave
- Caused even more serious diseases
- Reduces the resistance to viral and bacterial infections
What does the microwave oven do to our food
- The Swiss scientist, Hans Hertel has conducted a study that has revealed that microwaving food degrades and depletes the food of its nutrients
- The radiation in the microwave oven destroys and deforms the food molecules, and thus creates harmful radioactive substances
- Breaks the chemical and the molecular bonds
- Breast milk that has been processed in the microwave oven loses 96 percent of its antibodies
The Search for Health has carried out a study in 1992 on the effects of microwaved food on participants who consumed these microwaved vegetables, and it was proven that these people experienced:
- Reduction in hemoglobin which led to anemic-like conditions;
- Reduction in the levels of white blood cells;
- Increase in the levels of leukocytes (which indicated poisoning and cellular damage); and
- Rapid increase in the levels of cholesterol in the body;
The structure of the infant formulas that have been microwaves changes, as well as the components in amino acids, which leads to immunological abnormalities
The exposure to harmful levels of electromagnetic fields is continual, even if you keep your microwave oven perfectly sealed. The EMF is able to penetrate the human body and thus it is used for x-ray machines. However, this does not go without side-effects, which include serious health issues.
According to EPA, you should limit your exposure to EMF to .5mG – 2.5mG. Standing near the microwave oven at a distance of 4 inches while your food cooks in it exposes you to 100 – 500mG. Standing at a distance of 3 feet while your microwave oven operates exposes you to 1 – 25mG.
Even though these devices might seem faster and more convenient than the conventional ovens, they drain the nutritional value out of your food and endanger the health of you and your family.
Thanks for reading!