Industrial sugar is added in huge amounts in foods and drinks such as, sodas, cola, candy, pouch juices etc. It overloads your body and overconsumption can create problems such as: consequent fatigue, yeast infections, hyperactivity, sinus problems.
According to this, huge amount of sugar intake on a daily basis may increase the risk of diabetes, breast cancer and even cardiovascular disease.
Your body converts the sugar into energy, but, creates a huge problem when the body is overload with sugar. Then the body converts the remains of sugar as body fat. Industrial sugar has no benefits on our metabolism like natural sugar has. The bowel bacteria increases the blood sugar levels when the sugar is consumed then, and the body makes this type of sugar into fat in the waist, hips, thighs and face.
The most common symptoms people experience when they quit the intake of sugar are: sadness, headaches, fatigue, cravings, or even worse, if a person is addicted to sugar, they experience the symptoms after a meal, the body still feels hungry and needs sugar, so the brain sends signals that the person is still hungry. A person addicted to sugar will take a snack or satisfy their “hunger” with a cookie, but it’s interesting that all the symptoms of sadness, headaches will disappear and the person will feel better.
If a person wants to break this addiction, they must become aware of the symptoms and discomfort for a few days. Once the person manage to stop with sugar consumption the person will be much healthier, energized and refreshed.
3 DAY SUGAR DETOX
- Breakfast: 1 cup of oats with berries and seeds or you can use almond, you can also choose to have 3 scrambled eggs
- Mid-morning snack: a small amount of nuts
- Lunch: Poached chicken breast with a bowl of lightly cooked beets, carrots, turnips, beans and almonds
- Dinner: Cooked fish and green beans, or use salmon with stir-fried mushrooms and broccoli
- Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs with spinach or 1 cup of oats with almonds or berries
- Mid-morning snack: A small bowl of nuts
- Lunch: Shredded green and red cabbage salad with shredded carrots, with olive oil, grilled zucchini with red and yellow peppers and dressing of lemon, lemon juice and salt garnished with chopped parsley.
- Dinner: Green vegetables of your choice and bean soup, or combine baked cod with fried bok choy with Brussels sprouts and turnips
- Breakfast: 1 cup of oats and seeds, berries and almond, or 3 fried eggs combined with shrimp and radish and walnut salad and a sautéed kale.
- Mid-morning snack: a small bowl of nuts
- Lunch: Roasted chicken thighs with sage, lemon, rosemary or oven roasted chicken combined with thyme, onion and black olives.
- Dinner: Mushrooms with garlic, onion, celery, carrots, bay leaves and thyme, or combine penne pasta with mushroom, basil and tomato sauce.
Sugar detox – Drinks
While you’re on this detox diet, you have to try to eliminate drinks high in sugar and replace them with sugared fruit juices with water. You also have to ombine healthy hot mixtures that will help your metabolism.
Slice or chop blueberries, grapefruits, strawberries or oranges. You can add mint leaves or rosemary and put the ingredients in a jar filled with filtered water. Keep it in the refrigerator and consume it daily.
Tea: Drink unsweetened herbal or green tea 3 times every day.
Coffee: Consume 1cup of unsweetened black coffee daily
Good to know:
- Stay away from artificial sweeteners like honey, agave nectar, maple syrup etc. If you use even the small amount of sugar your body will want more
- Fighting cravings is real battle
- Replace fast carbohydrate foods like white bread and fruit juices with slow carbohydrate foods, consume whole grains instead. These types of food will help you with cravings, and sugar overload, it will help you in regulation of sugar in the bloodstream
- Use extra-virgin olive oil whenever you cook
- Eat 2 ounces of nuts and seeds every day, include flaxseeds and walnuts
- Consume 1 big bowl of green vegetables every day because enough nutrients will help you in fighting the addiction
- Consume green salad daily
Consume at least ½ cup of beans, lentils and chickpeas every day because they are known to reduce the sugar cravings
- Drink plenty of water
All of the symptoms like depression, fatigue, headaches will completely disappear after you finish this 3-day detox plan. You will notice that this addiction can be fought and you can live without the intake sugar.
Consult with a nutritionist or a doctor after you finish this 3 day detox plan. They will make sure they create a diet program so you can low the sugar addiction at minimal and try to choose healthier sugar such as instead: dry fruits, fruits and low sugar desserts. This method will definitely help your body to lose weight and you will feel much healthier!