You’ve probably heard of chia seeds. Salvia Hispanica or Chia is a flowering plant and it’s a member of the mint family – Lamaiaceae.
Chia originates from Guatemala and Central and South Mexico. Chia is actually a Mayan world for strength. Well, this amazing and incredible plant was used for centuries in order to boost energy levels, especially for running messengers. This is why some people call Chia – the Indian Running Food. Chia has mild and pleasant taste and you can use it in different types of meals and dishes, because it doesn’t affect the taste too much. You can add chia to your favorite smoothies, sauces, bread butters, etc.
The chia seeds are loaded with healthy nutrients and they can provide many health benefits.
The health benefits of chia seeds
– Chia seeds have five times the amount of calcium found in milk.
– They have twice the amount of protein found in any known grain or seed.
– They have thrice the amount of iron than spinach.
– These seed are reported to have about three times more antioxidant strength than blueberries.
– They also have twice the amount of potassium than that found in bananas.
– They are rich in essential fatty acids – omega 3 and omega 6.
– They have soluble fibre, essential amino acids and easily digestible proteins.
– They are also highly hydrophilic.
Top 6 chia Seed Recipe:
Basic chia gel recipe
Here’s what you need to do – first, you need to add 1/3 cup chia seeds in two cups of water and mix well. Put the mixture in refrigerator and you can use it whenever you want.
Chia Seed – Recipe #1
Raw Rice Pudding
- 4-5 tablespoons chia seed
- Raw honey or agave syrup to taste
- 2 cups almond milk
Here’s what you need to do – you need to soak the chia seeds 10 minutes before use. Then, mix all ingredients and you can also add some cinnamon, vanilla or cardamom to enrich the taste.
Chia Seed – Recipe #2
- 8 tablespoons ground chia
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups vegetable juice pulp
- 5 bananas
- ½ cup raisins
Here’s what you need to do – first, you need to mix the bananas and veggie juice pulp in a food processor. Now, add the ground chia and mix until you get a homogeneous mixture. Then, mix it with raisins and walnuts in a bowl. Make a loaf and add the following mixture on its top: mix 9 dates, the juice of 1 or 2 lemons, cream cheese and the flesh of three avocados.
Chia Seed – Recipe #3