Contrary to popular belief, boosting your health doesn’t necessarily need to be an expensive process. As a matter of fact, there are many ingredients that is good for you and they are budget friendly and affordable.
So, how do I get the best of both worlds – natural/organic products that are budget friendly?
Cue in the creativity!
Here are 3 products I purchased for less than $20 – Below you have a list of three products which can be bought for less than $20 and can make up significant part of your health and beauty routine. Check them out! (Men – this applies to you as well)!
1. Coconut Oil
WHAT To Buy: Not all coconut oils are created equal. Make sure to check the label and follow these guidelines: unrefined, cold pressed, organic, extra virgin (or virgin), fair trade. I was able to find Kelapo at my local grocery store for around $9. But my preferred brand is Niulife, which I’ve ordered in the past and is what I have found to be the highest quality!
WHY To Buy It:
- The lauric acid kills viruses, fungi and bacteria
- Contains fatty acids with powerful medicinal properties
- Improves blood cholesterol levels
- Increases your energy expenditure (when consumed)
- The fatty acids boost brain functio
- Helps with weight loss (reduces appetite)
HOW To Use It:
- Makeup Remover – Effective and chemical-free!
- Moisturizer – Safe to use on your face and body.
- Kitchen Use – Use in the kitchen for cooking and baking.
- Conditioner – Use for hair conditioning treatment.
- Energy Boost – Add 2 tbsp to your morning coffee.
- Oil Pulling – Boosts your dental health
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
WHAT To Buy: The ACV needs to be raw, unfiltered, unpasteurized and unheated in order to reap all the health benefits it provides. The most well known brand that is available in most local grocery stores is Bragg’s.
WHY To Buy It: ACV is pretty much beneficial for everything – you hair, skin and even your home! Using ACV instantly eliminates a lot of unnatural chemicals in your daily life.
HOW To Use It:
- Morning Detoxing And Energizing Drink – Mix 2 tbsp ACV with a glass of water.
- Facial Toner – Dip a cotton ball in ACV (1 part ACV to 2 parts water) and dab on your face to. It can also help reduce the appearance of age spots and acne scars.
- Hair Rinse – Mix ½ tablespoon ACV with 1 cup of water and rinse your hair after washing. It will help remove build up and give your hair an amazing shine.
3. Baking Soda
WHAT To Buy: Pure baking soda. I recommend buying Bob’s Red Mill.
WHY To Buy It: It is super cheap (under $3) and can replace a multitude of beauty items! Simple, yet profound.
HOW To Use It:
- Toothpaste – Dip your toothbrush in baking soda (and a bit of coconut oil) to create a natural toothpaste that will help remove plaque and improve your oral hygiene.
- Hair Wash – I have a jar of baking soda in my shower and simply scoop it out and massage it into my hair (and then follow with the ACV rinse). I have fine hair and have found this method gives my hair a great texture, body and a clean feeling.
- Gentle Exfoliant – I love to make a paste in the shower of baking soda and water. I rub it on my face and body to gently exfoliate my skin. It leaves it feeling super smooth!
- Tame Dermatological Conditions – The same paste mentioned above can also help soothe skin conditions such as rashes, sunburn, poison ivy and insect bites.Dab the paste onto your skin with a cotton ball.
- Natural Deodorant – Mix a teaspoon with a bit of water to make a paste and rub it under your arms to deter body odor smells.
Already using these products? Perfect! Keep on using them and continue discovering new ways to reap their health benefits.
Thanks for reading!
Original source: Lindsay Sibson from fitlife.tv