In general, people think of Listerine as something used for oral hygiene. Yet, its inventors intended it for so much more.
The Krazy Coupon Lady says: “Did you know Listerine, which was formulated in 1879, was originally developed as a surgical antiseptic and, historically, has been used for all sorts of things? It actually wasn’t marketed for bad breath until the1970s!”
This is a popular product that has number of health beneficial ingredients such as: thyme, eucalyptus, and alcohol, that is the actual reason why Listerine is used in various ways aside its regular use ( mouthwash).
- Rub it under your arms –Rubbing Listerine under your arms is one of the most effective ways as an alternative for deodorants. This can eliminate bad odors just as you used a deodorant, only in a more natural way. Soak a cotton ball into Listerine and apply at your armpits.
- Soak your feet in it – Most people throughout their lives face toenail fungus, but Listerine can help. So Make a Listerine foot bath and soak your toes for about 30 minutes.
- Pour it down the toilet- Listerine can clean and deodorize your toilet bowl. Just pour some in the toilet and scrub it with a toilet brush.
- Dab it on your itches- When it comes to itchy bug bites or skin reactions Listerine can do wonders. According to dental hygienist Carrie Ibbetson, “Listerine is my go-to source for stopping bug bites from itching like crazy.”
- Wet your hair with it- Maybe you have never heard that Listerine acts as an anti-dandruf product, but people who have tried this, recommend it. Apply some Listerine on the scalp and gently massage it. Keep your head in a towel for some time before you rinse it off.
- Rub it on your dog- If you want to avoid expensive chemicals in commercial flea repellents, you can choose a more natural way and rub your pet with some Listerine instead. According to the Krazy Coupon Lady, try “mixing it with shampoo in a bath or diluting it with water and using it as a spray.”
Stick your toothbrush in it
Put some Listerine on your toothbrush 2-3 times in a week and eliminate germs that the toothbrush absorbs. Just fill a glass with some Listerine and leave the toothbrush for a couple of hours in it.
Spray it on your screen
Next time when you are cleaning, you can try cleaning with Listerine. This is a good way to clean your computer or TV screen. Spray some Listerine and wipe it down with a soft cloth.
Toss it in the trash
We have all experienced the odors from the trash can. This trick can help you eliminate these odors. Put a Listerine soaked paper towel at the bottom and cover up the bad smells.
Thanks for reading!