There is a simple technique of breathing which can do wonders to your health. You just need to touch the roof of your mouth with your tongue and breathe. It can make any insomniac sleep within a minute.
Though this breathing activity may look a little bit weird to you, but trust me this exercise is totally worth it. It has a powerful impact on your health.
Read ahead for the complete technique with video.
If you face trouble in falling asleep at night, then this trick can be very beneficial for you. You don’t need any special devices or pills for this breathing exercise. All you need is your tongue and ability to breathe properly.
- This amazing method is discovered by Harvard-trained Dr. Andrew Weil.
- This simple method acts as a “natural tranquilizer for the nervous system.”
- It helps the body to relieve stress and relax.
- Touch the tip of your tongue to the top of your mouth and keep it there while breathing.
- Then breathe out your lungs completely.
SEE THE VIDEO BELOW
This wonderful technique is known as 4-7-8 breath technique.
Breathe in through your nose for a count of four and then hold your breath for a count of seven. Blow all of the air out through your mouth forcefully for a count of eight making a whistling sound. Repeat this process four times.
Dr. Weil explained about this technique: “After two months, three months of regular practice, there are very significant changes that happen with the physiology. This lowers heart rate, it lowers blood pressure, improves digestion.”
Watch the video of 4-7-8 breath technique.
Thanks for reading!