Have you ever thought of making your own vitamins? If yes, you are at the right place. These turmeric gummies are extremely simple to prepare, and packed with health benefits.
Turmeric is a potent health spice, abundant in natural anti-inflammatory agents and antioxidants. Here are some of its benefits:
- Turmeric contains curcumin, a compound with extremely potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Chronic inflammation is associated with a wide range of Western disease. Curcumin has been shown to inhibit the molecules that play a role in inflammation.
- Curcumin acts as potent antioxidant which both neutralizes free radicals and stimulate body`s antioxidant enzymes.
- Curcumin increases the levels of BDNF, which in turn helps combat degenerative processes in the brain and stimulates the growth of new neurons.
- Curcumin positively affects certain factors which are known to play a major role in heart disease.
- Curcumin causes certain chances on molecular level which prevent and potentially treats cancer.
- Curcumin has the ability to cross the blood-brain barrier, which leads to various improvement in the process of Alzheimer`s disease.
- It has been scientifically shown that curcumin helps treat symptoms of arthritis and it is sometimes even more effective than anti-inflammatory drugs.
- According to a study done on 60 depressed patients, curcumin was as effective as Prozac in relieving the symptoms associated with depression.
Although turmeric is typically used in savory recipes like curries and soups, this article shows that it can be enjoyed as a sweet snack too.
These gummies are easy to make and it requires only little hands-on time. Start by mixing water, maple syrup, and ground turmeric in a pot, stirring to combine all of the ingredients. Remove from heat and add the gelatin powder. Stir until it is fully dissolved. Pour in a deep dish, refrigerate, and slice ice cubes for a quick snack.
Turmeric Gummies (Anti-Inflammatory, Paleo)
- Large pot/deep skillet
- Wooden spoon
- Ceramic baking dish or silicone molds
- 3 ½ cups water
- 6 T maple syrup
- 1 t ground turmeric
- 8 T unflavored gelatin powder
- Pinch of ground pepper
- Put the water, maple syrup and ground turmeric in a large pot. Heat on medium high for a few minutes, stirring well so that all the ingredients all well combined.
- Remove from heat, add the gelatin powder, and mix well in order to hydrate the gelatin.
- Return the pot on the stove and stir with a wooden spoon to dissolve the gelatin.
- Pour the mixture into a deep dish and refrigerate for about four hours, until firm.
- Slice into tiny pieces and serve.
- Feel free to swap maple syrup for honey in equal quantities.
- Use a ceramic baking dish so that you can slice the gummies into squares. Alternatively, use a silicone mold of choice.