What’s the secret of the new Swedish diet that’s taking the world by storm?
This is a great choice for all the meat and dairy products lovers, and satisfied users comment that it can regulate the sugar levels in the blood and significantly reduce your weight. It’s especially beneficial for diabetics.
This diet regime promotes reduced intake of carbs and increased fat and protein amounts are recommended. Another advantage of this diet is that you can forget about calories counting and sticking to a certain timeline.
However, if you want this diet to work you need to strictly obey the rules and not even think about touching the forbidden foods. But the good point is that you can eat when you’re hungry until you are satisfied. Don’t weigh your food and don’t count the calories, just stay away from the foods you shouldn’t eat and you’ll lose 5-10 pounds a week on average.
Here’s what you can eat:
- All kinds of meat (beef, lamb, turkey, pork, game meat, chicken). You can eat the fat on the meat and the chicken skin as well. If you can try organic or grass-fed meat, if not the regular type is just fine.
- All kinds of fish and shellfish
- Eggs in every way, boiled, fried, omlettes. It’s best if you can eat organic eggs.
- Vegetables that grow above ground, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, zucchini, eggplant, olives, spinach, mushrooms, cucumber, lettuce, avocado, onions, peppers, tomatoes etc.
- Natural high fat dairy products, Greek/Turkish yogurt, butter, sour cream, cream cheese, high fat cheeses etc.
- Stay away from sweetened dairy products and be careful with regular and skimmed milk, they are known to contain a lot of milk sugar.
- All kinds of nuts, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, Indian and Brazilian nuts etc. (in moderation)
From time to time you can also eat the following items, you can decide when the time is right, but it may slow down the weight loss a bit
- Alcohol, dry red or white wine, whisky, brandy, vodka.
- Dark chocolate with over 70% cocoa, (if you really have a craving take a bit)
- Fruit should be avoided because it contains lots of sugar, but can be eaten once in a while and should be treated as a natural form of candy.
The following foods should be avoided:
- Sugars, sodas, sweetened juices, pastry, cakes, chocolate, desserts, ice cream, muesli, muffins, granola and artificial sweeteners.
- Grains and starch, bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, French fries, chips, porridge. Wholegrain products are just less bad, but should be avoided as well. Legumes too, like beans and lentils, they are high in carbs.
- Margarine, refined oils
You should drink:
- Coffee (full fat cream can be added)
- Tea (unsweetened)