>he doesn't Fence for cardio, conditioning and self defense when not weightlifting

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

Fencing does look like a lot of fun, it's such a shame that it's really niche though, I've tried to look for adult fencing classes near me but the closest one is 40 minutes away

It's worth the drive bro, trust me. You'll head there really excited and you'll leave tired as hell, and fencing tends to have a great community of people.

I wanted to like fencing, but the actual sport part of it is so fricking cheesy. I'd rather just run far and lift heavy.

Try Classical, it's even more niche then saber fencing but it's a lot more enjoyable, not to mention a real workout.

What a moronic "sport". Since there's no danger it's basically a reaction competition.

>muh danger
      You're sub 6 foot

I'm just saying that its extremely gay for an activity that was clearly meant to involve danger to have no danger. It's basically airsoft but with sticks instead of nerf guns. Just play a normal fricking sport, with normal rules instead of larping as D'Artagnan

hey manlet, if I want to kill someone I use a gun, but if I want to enjoy a sport, I fence.

As you're sub 5'10" you should try sabre

more like you sit on the fence, with a post up your ass. shove that double sided "saber"(dildo) up your ass and shut up

and quit larping you are sub 5'0

I'm 6'2" and fence epee Sandeep 🙂

All sports are larp and ritualized (harmless) battles

>that was clearly meant to involve danger

What do you mean? You think they were always putting dudes in danger in ye olden times when they were training fencing?
          Doubtful.

no shit they don't kill eachother what would be the point of that? it still hurts. my trainer lost his left ball because he sparred in shorts and his sack got hooked and torn out. it can easily still get bloody, i've seen it.

>self defense
    Ah yes let me draw my saber and challenge my assailant to honorable combat instead of using a gun.

homosexual
    Do boxing
    Pussy

Enjoy your permanent brain damage, Punchy.

I swim instead

>self defense
    You know Savate exists precisely because fencing became useless for self-defense after the ban on civilian swords, right?

ahahahaha this homie carries around a fricking foil for self defense. lmfao post your fedora and second chin bro

I love sabre fencing, but I'm very mediocre. Any tips on how to get better?

Used to fence as a kid like 18 years ago, from that pov I'd probably go hard on bilateral T2-fibre training via kettlebell swings/snatches, wrist flexibility and endurance. In general static holds in lunge, and horse stance to prevent imbalances.

Fencing should be so much cooler. It’s probably the absolute worst sport when it comes to expectations vs reality from a spectator point of view

you can always just do HEMA if you want something closer to what you see in movie scenes.

I would but I'm not fat

saber is cool AF if you watch in 0.25 and actually see the parry -> riposte crap they manage to pull

Fencing will never make it as a spectator sport outside of the Olympics unfortunately, because the rules are an enormous barrier to entry for a casual.

Fencing for fun sure. But fencing as the sterile streamlined lunge at eachother repeatedly sport version? Frick that

>Gave up fencing after 10 years because kids
    I'm probably going to start going again once a week though. I'm dying to land a prime riposte after some tries to take me in 6. At least I still have my home gym either way.

I remember you. Was it bc of the lightsabre jedi kid? lmao

>be walking down the street
    >three men in masks run up on me demanding my wallet
    >pull out my pool noodle sword and scream
    >HAVE AT YE CURS
    >they flee
    heh, just a day in the life of a fencer. maybe I'll buy one of those $1 Baltimore homes after all

You joke, but

NOOO YOU CAN'T ENJOY A SPORT AND BE ACTIVE, YOU HAVE TO WATCH LE HECKIN FOOTBALL ON TV