How to talk to girls at gym

>be me
>change gyms
>recognize girl i went to school with years ago
>we go at the same time
>become increasingly attracted to her every time i see her
>only really see her do cardio and occasionally machines, seems lost
>want to make conversation but havent talked to girls irl for years
what do I do here? right now I'm thinking I can "accidentally" run into her at a machine, like "oh were you gonna use that? Haha no it's fine you can I'm in no rush, by the way..." and then ask her about her routine. I imagine she'll probably say something like she's afraid of using barbells or dumbbells because she doesn't know how to use them, then id offer to teach her since I "just happen to need a training buddy", and we can exchange numbers and then start working out together.
Does this sound like a solid plan?

Ape Out, Gorilla Mindset Shirt $21.68

Rise, Grind, Banana Find Shirt $21.68

Ape Out, Gorilla Mindset Shirt $21.68

That might work
    t. diagnosed autistic guy

You don't. Period. Leave people alone. And for the love of God Almighty, stop making scenes in you head, they are super cringe.

Do you have a significant other anon? How did you meet her?

I cant find any cute girls at my gym

>recognize girl i went to school with years ago
    Just approach her based on this alone. If you need confidence, do an intense workout and sip some caffeine. Then just shoot the shit with her. I’ve seen multiple people since graduating highschool nine years ago but no one recognizes me. Probably because my face got much more masculine and I have some hair loss. It’s kind of a superpower to recognize people but them not to recognize you back

I don't know if she recognizes me though and I feel like approaching someone who turns out has no idea who you are when you know their name has got to be awful.
      I was pretty popular back then and I fricked around with some of her friends so maybe she does, I don't know. It's been 7 years

And? I was in the same predicament this past summer. I recognized a coworker of mine but she didn’t recognize me, not a chance. But I still told her and told her to look me up in the yearbook. The point is you get your foot in the door. Once you start talking to her, the hard part is over. Just go for the kill quick, don’t get caught up in some yuppie friendzone

I really hate to be this autistic but what do you say? Just approach and something like "I know this is weird, but is your name ___?" or something like that?
          I haven't cold approached someone sober for years. I have no problem talking after the conversation is rolling but I can't seem to think of an opener that doesn't sound hyper autistic or creepy

Well, before I was introduced to my coworker I had a sense that she went to my highschool, so I just said “You look familiar. Which high school did you go to?” Simple. Other times, I just asked the person “did you go to ___ high school?” Or I asserted “you went to ___ high school, didn’t you?” Just keep it friendly and stay in high spirits. Act like an entertainer, an actor. I was faced with the same scenario just a few days ago. I saw a girl who went to my high school sitting directly across a table from me in a coffee shop. I didn’t introduce myself because I wasn’t in the mood but I would’ve said what I said above.

>"I know this is weird, but is your name ___?"
            If you want to avoid sounding creepy don’t namedrop. And don’t say “I know this is weird.” It’s not weird. People make conversation all the time. Some lady in a gas station started talking to me about Pom juice yesterday. Perfectly normal

>"Oh hey, are you X? I'm anon, we went to (name of highschool) together.
              Then you follow up with questions about what they're doing with their life, i.e. "what do you do for a living?" "What have you been up to since graduation?" that kind of thing

Best of luck anon, WAGMI

Thank you bros, best responses in this thread. I'll use what you're giving me and shoot my shot

>"Oh hey, are you X? I'm anon, we went to (name of highschool) together.

Best of luck anon, WAGMI

>Also consider having something small such as one(1) drink, or whatever your poison may be, and forgoing caffeine that day to calm the nerves
              No don’t have a drink in the gym. He’s going to mess up his workout. And he needs to be able to this sober. Only then will he realize how easy it is. The caffeine will make him more amicable and loquacious. But use these follow up questions, compliment her, express your interest, and ask her out for coffee.

Based, thank you anon

Don’t get cold feet anon. Imagine me being there in spirit. I’m expecting to see a follow up thread tomorrow. Remember in the end all of this—this world of ours— gets washed away.

sounds like a plan! make a thread tomorrow to tell everyone how it went

I will make it, friends
                Not tomorrow though, have something going on in the morning so I'll be going at a different time than usual.
                But next time, for sure

A lifesaving general tip is to never prime what youre about to say with negative connotations like "I know this is weird, but..". Reality is extremely susceptible to preconceived notions. If she is expecting a weird interaction, she will behave as if she is in a weird interaction, and it will have been a weird interaction. If you approach her confidently like the other anon suggested and your tone suggests that what you're asking is entirely normal, it will be entirely normal.

An example of this is I have a fetish for being kicked in the balls. When I first started having sex I used to be very nervous about bringing it up and I'd say "uhmmm hey I know this is really weird and I get it if this isn't something you're into but" etc and girls would always be weirded out and uncomfortable by my bringing it up. Now I just suddenly say "can you knee me in the balls?" while we're climbing on top of eachother making out and she's usually a little bit surprised but says something like "really?" and I confidently say "yeah" and then she goes along with it immediately and it stops being weird because I didn't make it weird.

You make a good point. Like you and the other anon suggested I'll get that shit out of my vocabulary.

>work from home and don’t drink
              I am so sick of you autistic software engineers.

It's comfy, though better when you already have a wife and kids and get to spend more time with the people you love. It's extremely lonely when you're by yourself.
              t. also a software engineer

Dont, it's less cringe to just talk to girls while grocery shopping, and that's rude too

>it's less cringe to just talk to girls while grocery shopping, and that's rude too
      How is it rude? This isn't some gym thot, she's like an awkward band girl who genuinely seems like she doesn't know what she's doing.

Please anon don’t hit on women in the gym. Say hi, introduce yourself, catch up if she’s not doing a set. But she probably has a boyfriend and didn’t get the membership to get fawned over. Just be a gym buddy. If she hits on you or wants to hang out after, cool. If not, so what. You’re there to work out, horndog

>she probably has a boyfriend
      >If she hits on you or wants to hang out after, cool. If not, so what.
      At what part of this did I say I was going to do keep pursuing anything at all if she wasn't interested? The entire purpose of this thread is to ask what a good way to strike up conversation would be, not asking how to impregnate her on the gym floor, jesus fricking christ

Hopefully it works out for you OP, because I talked to my gym crush and it went bad.
        >regular at gym, out of nowhere a new girl shows up late last summer
        >petite short latina that I am immediately attracted to shows up
        >always just keep to myself and workout
        >this time my dick actually takes over and forces me to go meet her like the 4th time I see her at the gym
        >make small talk about some stupid shit just to break the ice, she's all smiles and laughing entire time goes really well we both get each others names
        >greet each other and make small talk a few times afterwards when we see each other
        >finally dick takes over again and forces me to go up to her and say 'hey we're both doing legs today, we should work out together'
        >she stares at me like a deer in headlights, wide eyed and just staring at me dumbstruck
        >no answer for what feels like 10 hours as I stand in front of her
        >do a stupid smile and back away from her and walk off without looking back embarrassed as frick
        >completely awkward between us to the point other people notice
        >we make it a point to not pass each other but if we do we look through each other or look at our phone as we pass
        >if we are walking to a spot and see the other there we'll abruptly u turn and go somewhere else
        >we still stare each other down if we're on the opposite side of the entire gym
        This has gone on for MONTHS afterwards.

I just reread this and want to preface that us meeting and me asking her to work out together had maybe two weeks in between and we've talked a handful of time. When I reread this it reads like I just did this all in the same day.

at least you tried, although i think working out with her was the wrong strategy i would just ask for a number if i was gonna nut up

She’s definitely the weird one here. You should have handled it more confidently but who the frick doesn’t respond to someone like that?
          >we still stare each other down if we're on the opposite side of the entire gym
          You have to make it a point to stop doing this. Show her who’s boss. Stare her down

>But she probably has a boyfriend
      Why would you care?

Why would you waste your time with some roastie who cheats? Getting laid is easy, if you're talking to someone that shares the same interests, you should be striving for a relationship lol

>Why would you waste your time with some roastie who cheats?
          it's not wasting time when you're having fun
          > if you're talking to someone that shares the same interests, you should be striving for a relationship lol
          >he never heard of fwb

You negative fricks deserve lifelong loneliness

Black person just ask to work in

Where are you supposed to meet girls if you work from home and don't drink? Just get hobbies and go to groups and hope that there's 20-something year old girls there?

Go for walks in the park.

you hop on tinder and tell the girls you want to sniff their fart holes

>work from home and don’t drink
      I am so sick of you autistic software engineers.

sounds like a plan! make a thread tomorrow to tell everyone how it went

You don't need to accidentally run into her if you already know her, Just be like hey femanon it's been awhile since school do some small talk then go with the second part of your plan. good luck brudda you got this.

We weren't friends in school nor have I ever talked to her. I only recognize her and looked her up in the yearbook to confirm this.