intuitive lifting - Grug style

>enter gym
>lift whatever just focusing on muscle group
>increase weight every set(or don't lol)
>don't stick to fixed number of sets or reps
>frick off back home
have you tried this approach? let's call it grug style.
You can also mix hips reps low weight sets with high weght low reps sets for extra muscle confusion.
Also don't think this is some easy way for dyels this is an advanced method for people with flawless technique that are bored with counting plates and making spredsheets for every lift.

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago

>describes a beginner that has absolutely no idea what they are doing and how to progress beyond beginner gains
    >lets call it grug style

2. 2 months ago

Yes? Its not uncommon. It works if you arent a moron who cant self regulate and understand his tension and fatigue and and and

• 2 months ago

I was thinking, cavemen didn't have scales and plates and shiet only big and bigger rocks. Ancient greeks were lifting bulls and training pankriaton so it make sense that approach with no scales should work as long you keep making progress=lifting heavier things
      thus grug style as a fun method to go back whis is fun in lifting. Which is just lifting. 3x10 5x5 3x3 enough with this shit. Just grug and make gains

• 2 months ago

Ancient greeks might also have had to work a lot more for the same gains because of that

• 2 months ago

honestly, except the initial newb times all I did was having a general idea of juuuust what am I doing and thats all. as in, "yeah Im here to do bb curl 5x5 50kg" and then I see myself doing more, better or worse and readjust reps and weights on the spot. I end up doing 5x10 or 5x5 but different weight just depending on what I think my body is telling me and what results I am seeing in the aftermath. most people I know are just following things word by word, all set in stone. I dont think thats a better way to do things.

• 2 months ago

Ancient Celts used to work out with big logs if I recall

>cavemen
        >pinnacle of fitness
        Why do people think this. I could get thinking ancient civilizations are, but think of cavemen like a wild steppelands horse vs a jutland horse. We have advanced quite far and probably peaked physically in the past but that was when food was made plentiful and lives were still relatively simple. Cavemen most likely starved many days and subsisted on berries, tubers, meat when and whatever they were lucky enough to find. Rather a stable subsistence of meat, grain, dairy, veggies and fruit to your fill nearly every day.

• 2 months ago

>Why do people think this
          americans think this because they watch conan the barbarian and think it's real

• 2 months ago

>Why do people think this.
          Archaeological records, midwit.

>Anthropologist Peter McAllister thinks that a set of preserved footprints of aborigines in Australia suggests that some early settlers on that continent would have been right up there with the likes of Bolt if they were asked to run the 100 metres final. Mr McAllister’s analysis of the footprints suggests that this group of humans were capable of running at up to 23 mph, bare foot and over soft mud in their pursuit of prey. Or perhaps they were being pursued themselves, trying to avoid becoming a meal for one of the many super-predators that they shared their Australian home with.
          >The prints of six men chasing prey and Mr McAllister’s analysis leads him to believe these men if trained and provided with modern running shoes could beat Usain Bolt in a sprint. Peter claims that these ancient ancestors of ours could theoretically reach sprinting speeds of up to 28 mph.

• 2 months ago

You accidentally pasted the wrong quote. The discussion is about being jacked, not fast.

>anthropologist
            Lol they are complete quacks and all there work is based off speculation with loose points of data they cling to to make a mostly unfounded hypothesis. Its like armchair historians talking about medieval warfare and combat as if they think it plays out like their mount & blade playthrough.

• 2 months ago

>"expert" sees a few obscured footprints
            >thinks he can determine the speed of the person running with just that
            makes no fricking sense

• 2 months ago

they had to be strong to beat all the pterodactyls and shiet

• 2 months ago

if you wanna larp as a fricking caveman, go find some big ass rocks and lift them.

why are you upset

• 2 months ago

>only big and bigger rocks
        And they weren't working out, goober. Any muscle mass they put on was a result of survival, not leisure.

3. 2 months ago

yes, in fact I've found it works better for my body than trying to force things
    better to go by feel
    you have a natural rhythm within you, follow it

4. 2 months ago

>ITT: morons with sub 2pl8 benches after 1+ years

5. 2 months ago

Nepalese sherpas
    >throws big boulders back and forth for training
    >summit everest as a job while carrying heavy gear
    >most efficient oxygen/energy conversion

• 2 months ago

Those better be propane tanks.

6. 2 months ago

The bottom line is if you make gains off grug system then you'll make gains no matter what

7. 2 months ago

dude at my gym who benches 5 plate says this is what he does

8. 2 months ago

i only lift like this

t.5 plate benchpress

• 2 months ago

i wish. some day soon anon

9. 2 months ago

Checked. Tribe and huntergatherer maxxing are the future. Use your tools as a caveman would. Be who you truly are

• 2 months ago

caveman bones are nearly all malnourished. I ain't keen on returning to grug

10. 2 months ago

This is what I do. I trained at an elite level for almost a decade with sports, combatives, and real life war. The body knows what it needs to do. Sometimes I'll up my run, I've been swimming lately. There's no need to count reps or have a set plan.
    Train hard, to total failure, and don't limit working out to just time in the gym. Not that hard, no need to count reps or track weight or anything like that. If you do, have fun, I think it's kind of beginner level but some people like to feel like to count beans, more power to them.
    It's nice having a bunch of different machines at the gym, because you can just crush yourself with one of them and move on to the next one.