ITT: We discuss the merits and demerits of kettlebell training as a supplement to strength training.
* Kettlebell's are easy to purchase, maintain, and store at home. The crossfit meme industry bought the prices down.
* Kettlebell swings => low-impact cardio
* Kettlebell variants of deadlifts/squats/OHP => improve form and control for basic lifts.
* Kettlebell swings look funny and should not be done in public.
* Hard to find non-meme routines for kettlebell training (hidden pro: necessitates looking up vintage training manuals)
* Hard to find heavy kettlebells (hidden pro: necessitates going to the gym after maxing out your home weights)
* Get two kettlebells: 1/6th and 1/4th of your body weight in pounds.
* Kettlebells are not a replacement for weight training.