knee pain

my left knee started hurting about a month ago when squatting. i took some time off and it got better, but i walk a lot and the pain reappeared. it doesnt usually hurt when i do leg exercises. it feels like a ligament issue or overuse.

what should i do? stop training legs and just do kneesovertoesguy exercises? the pain is in pic related. my knee also cracks a lot.

my left knee always hurts when i squat

idk i just deal with the pain

curious if theres any solutions as well

im praying for both of us today, anon

Sleeves, don't get super tight ones if your not a powerlifter but ones tight enough to give you some support.
    They changed my life.
    The warm alone makes my knees feel so much better.

This, if you're getting up there in weight, then sleeves could definitely help.
      Also do some conditioning exercises like that kneesovertoesguy, it really is the only thing that's gonna keep your knee intact in the long run. And warm up properly

thanks for the advice

MSM look into it it fixed my janky knee and also sleeves like

This, if you're getting up there in weight, then sleeves could definitely help.

said

i dont understand you powerlifters. getting knee sleeves is the same principle as taking medications for chronic ilnesses. you just remove the symptoms

Sleeves restrict motion outside the desired range/angle and help prevent snapping your shit up so no it’s not like that at all.
        Keep rawdogging your lmao1pl8 squat bruh

ok i see now. but i rather squat 1 plate raw and do other activities than squat 5 plates with all the equipment necessary

Cope, i hit 405 for 5 without sleeves, ill hit 500 without sleeves soon.
            Its about being able to accumulate more volume with less risk of injury.

Its the same with any other sport too.
            Your comment is equivalent to saying "I could be an nhl hockey player but I dont wanna wear all that equipment, ill just play at the outdoor rink"

try wider stance, keepig your feet straight and lower weight higher reps

Do pic related with heels elevated or with a dumbbell in high reps like 3x25 reps

dude i squat 4 plates for reps, some fucking kettle bell isnt going to do shit for me

It will pump blood into the ligament and provide the joint with new Nutrition you fucking retard.

maybe watch out for knee valgus? it's very slight but your left knee might be caving in a bit when squatting heavy. This is usually due to an imbalance between your right and left gluteus medius, something that usually develops if you tend to lean on one side/favor one leg in your daily life. It tends to happen in my right leg when I squat since I lean on my left leg a lot when standing. Doing some hip abduction exercises and bulgarian split squat might help correct the imbalance.

thank you. that might actually be the problem since i used to skateboard a lot and my left foot is shorter than the right one

Lower the weight and increase volume. You're doing too much.

wtf, i rarely squat 2plates

OP here. thank you for all the answers. im going to sleep

I had very bad patellar tendonidis a few months ago and I widened my stance a bit, square up my stance every couple reps, and stopped pausing at the bottom. It's gone away.

No sleeves or belt, doing 3x5 @ 295

>what should i do?

go to the doctor, retard.