Post catchy goals to prove fitness

1/2/3/4 only has the staying power it does because it appeals to autism with its simple and even pattern. If in reality icky numbers like 0.8/1.75/2.5/3.2 were found to be be some common spread as the 80th percentile, nobody would want to obsess about it because it's not aesthetically pleasing. Not saying it's a bad goal, just wondering what else we can come up with. Any lifts, cardio, mobility, whatever is allowed. Autism is encouraged, as it should be simple and memorable, just try to be sensible. Can be for whatever level of fitness you want to test. Here's mine, which is more geared toward separating an intermediate from a beginner.

5 x 1.00xBW Zercher squat (to parallel)
5 x 1.00xBW Conventional deadlift (double overhand, controlled on the way down)
5 x Strict pullup (straight arms at bottom, chest to bar at top)
5 x Strict dip (to parallel)

In other words, front squat yourself, deadlift yourself, pull yourself, push yourself. Yes, the deadlift requirement hardly requires training—I just want people to know how to hip hinge, lift a heavy object without rounding their back, and recruit their posterior chain. If you don't like it post your superior ideas.

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

Im a beginner to fitness, now with that in mind. The idea to base your fitness goals around your body is coo, but aren't 5 pullups much much harder than 5 dips? I can do around 8+ dips with decent depth but still can't easily do 3x5 band ASSISTED pullups. I always struggle on the last rep and barely finish it.

I don't find it important that the individual goals are exact matches in difficulty. Rather, each one serves to prove that a set of muscles is strong and functioning normally. Nevertheless, I find pullups much easier than dips. Weighted pullups don't easily challenge me, but weighted dips on the other hand gas me out pretty quick.

>to be be
    Not reading all this, phoneposter.

>to be be
      I had to clear my throat

I think 2/3/4/5 should be the standard, but as a multiple of bodyweight.

Oh so in that ratio, adjusted to BW. That seems a lot better, I forgot to mention in the original post that a big flaw with 1/2/3/4 is that it doesn't account for height and weight. I don't understand why people waste so much breath bragging or arguing about absolute weights when they aren't factoring this in. The physical experience of lifting say a standard 44lb men's barbell will be significantly different for a shorter than average fit man, an average height fit man, and an above average height fit man.

As in 5xBW deadlift? 2xBW OHP?

I think it's just the ratio, so deadlift is 5/4 times your squat, squat is 4/3 times your bench, and bench is 3/2 times your press. You'd have to get some data to establish what is an appropriate absolute number to start with for one of them, as a function of your bodyweight.

This is actually an interesting idea but there's no reason the ratios should be expected line up in nice round numbers like this, which is one of the same problems the original 1pl8/2pl8/3/l8/4pl8 "standard" has.
          Also most of the discussion of this stuff on IST is people e-stating or just trolling.

Yeah that's why I went with stuff based in bodyweight and not all Starting Strength big four. I mean if we're being honest, instead of just forever gatekeeping self-esteem from ourselves and others by conveniently always raising the bar of what graduating from beginner level "really" is, then 1/2/3/4 and anything similar should be considered advanced. For the vast majority of people, who are not 6 feet tall, and who don't bulk to bloated proportions and take gear out of a deep insecure masculinity, those lifts represent an extremely high level of dedication, well beyond the threshold of finding fitness and getting in shape.

The simplest but most impactful goal you can have

Do you think that for some people, the body fat level required for this to happen is unsustainable? There's also the theory that if you were at all fat once in your life, those fat cells stick around, so given the abdomen is where men store the most fat, it is possible that some people may be stuck with a higher body fat set point and softer frame in this area. Sometimes I see those crazy tight twink tummies and they almost look alien compared to the structure of my abs, perhaps because I was skinnyfat as a child. Or perhaps genetics plays a big role? Genuinely curious what people think about this one, not trying to make excuses for barely having visible abs myself.

Then can we agree that 10% is the best bf% for aestheics. Best round, even number. Perhaps 7% is better for singke digits?

1/2/3/4 is for 40+ year old morons who grew up on Mark Ripper-toe

The real standard for FUNCTIONAL fitness is:

0/0.5/1/1.5/2/2.5/3/3.5

> BODYWEIGHT LEG RAISE WITH YOUR FEET TOUCHING THE BAR AT THE TOP
    > JEFFERSON CURL
    > OHP
    > BARBELL ROW
    > CLOSE GRIP BENCH
    > ATG SQUAT
    > WEIGHTED PULL UP
    > DEFICIT DEADLIFT (3.5 inch)

> 0/0.5/1/1.5/2/2.5/3/3.5
      This distinctly lacks a 4 to round out this beautiful congress of functional lifts

100 pushups
    30 pullups

>Zercher squat
    Useless meme
    > 5 x 1.00xBW Conventional deadlift
    This is not "separating intermediate from beginner" moron, it's something MOST PEOPLE CAN DO WHEN THEY FIRST GO TO THE GYM
    > 5 x Strict pullup (straight arms at bottom, chest to bar at top)
    > 5 x Strict dip (to parallel)
    THIS IS ALL BEGINNER LEVEL SHIT

Just use 0/0.5/1/1.5/2/2.5/3/3.5 and stop trying to invent the fricking bicycle

I disagree that the Zercher squat is a meme—it is the squat most similar to how you would actually carry something heavy.

I would argue that controlling a bodyweight deadlift with a straight back and perfect form on the entire lift represents a level of coordination and strength expression not found in most beginners.

In the same vein, I think it is disingenuous to say that strict pull ups and dips are "beginner level shit". A true beginner will struggle to hang from a bar, and certainly will be unable to perform a dip, and perhaps even struggle to perform a proper pushup with full ROM. And I'm not even accounting for the fact that most of the world is significantly overweight or obese, because if we were a true average beginner would take at least a year before they even lost enough weight and gained enough muscle to try these movements.

>0/0.5/1/1.5/2/2.5/3/3.5

This has to be THE stupidest meme on fit

Any arguments against it? (you won't)