rate my routine, boys

BB curls cluster sets

>Lower 2
Deadlift 3x3-5
Front squats 4x8-10
Split squats 3x10
Calf raises(maybe)

my goals are to get big and strong, I want to look like guts from berserk. idc about gay ass powerlifting shit, just wanna be huge

>current stats
5'11, 180lbs
bench 225, squat 245, deadlift 315, OHP 140

1. 2 months ago

It’s fine except you skip calf raises
    Calf raises are the most important leg exercise for aesthetics
    No matter how huge your quads etc get your legs look DYEL if your calves are small

This 100%
      You say you want to get big and look like Guts and you don't care about powerlifter shit, but your leg days are just deadlifts and squats? It should be at least 6 sets of calf raises and then jump rope, maybe some leg press as an accessory.

This 100%

I am home gym gang so I dont have access to any machines or anything. can you make/modify a better leg routine then? I do agree that my leg days are sorta bad, and my lower lifts are weak

• 2 months ago

>yeah I know.... I just fucking hate doing calf raises. I really need to hunker down and start doing them.
        Why? Are you using bitch ass baby weight or something?
        Calf raises are fun when you do them with like 150 pounds or more

• 2 months ago

This is why powerlifters don’t even have nice legs. Countless hours of squat and dead for big beefy quads and hamstrings and glutes but then the calves are just bone and a little fat. Looks like literal chicken drumsticks. It’s very unaesthetic

2. 2 months ago

post body

3. 2 months ago

No ab work?

4. 2 months ago

if what you really want to get big I would stop super setting the primary lifts. instead, just focus on doing high-weight clean reps with good amounts of rest between each set

• 2 months ago

the idea is to save time. im not trying to be training for 2+ hours at a time, yknow? I wanna keep it at 90 minutes and just have an amazing, brutal workout that'll get my yoked.

• 2 months ago

Supersetting is fine in a vacuum, but you should be supersetting compounds with minor muscle isolations like calves or forearms or traps or even biceps. If you’re supersetting compounds you’re going to halfass whichever you do second, it’s not really avoidable

• 2 months ago

yeah, you could be right. im sorta new to the supersetting thing. do a separate back exercise then?

Yeah
            Adding in supersets for shrugs and reverse curls and neck curls and calf raises and stuff like that is a great idea though.

5. 2 months ago

>Guts
    >huge
    lol, the manga literally talks about how skinny he is. He only looks huge because he's 6'8. Another gay who's never actually read it, just jumped on the bandwagon in 2016

• 2 months ago

I have read the manga, when does it ever say he is small?? they always say he is huge? maybe in the beginning of the golden age arc when he's a little kid or whatever, but he's a kid you retard. I will admit that I haven't read the manga past conviction arc cause I got sorta bored of it but yeah no, you're fucking stupid. do not ever reply to my thread again

• 2 months ago

>I haven't read the manga past conviction arc
        Just as I said, bandwagoning gay.

• 2 months ago

yeah I haven't read this far you retarded gay, also he still looks fucking huge and aesthetic in that image. stop being a fucking gatekeeping loser and get a life.

• 2 months ago

>yeah I haven't read this far
            >I-I'm not a bandwagoner!!! get a l-life!!!!
            lol
            >he still looks huge
            post body dyel loser.
            >Verification not required.

>he’s lost weight

Retard

• 2 months ago

>losing weight doesn't mean he got skinny noooo!!!!!!
            >Le guts is epic huge chungus because im a bandwagoning 2016 gay!!!!!

>>/a/

• 2 months ago

>calls people out on bandwagonning
      >doesn’t know Guts by Miuras own word is 6’3 and that the 6’8 was never confirmed by him

• 2 months ago

I don't remember Miura saying that, but I was just going by the guidebook (which I know is shit)

>6’8
      try reading the manga again. If he’s 6’8 then casca is like 6’2 speedreader

• 2 months ago

Drawn heights are wildly inconsistent.

• 2 months ago

Casca is usually around a head shorter than guts, and guts isn’t taller than Pippin. And casca is not 6f tall.

• 2 months ago

No shit, doesn't go against what I said

6. 2 months ago

>split squats 2 times per week
    why do you hate your self? I would change one of them with leg extensions, unless there is a reason you doing them

7. 2 months ago

>how to get like guts
    Just grab a barbell and do standing overhead pullovers I guess