Thoughts on jumping rope as exercise?

Thoughts on jumping rope as exercise?

Excellent for conditioning in terms of boxing/kickboxing (it is mostly coordination as you need to be "bouncy" in striking in order to generate power). Take care of your knees and shins though, and mind the surface in which you jump, 100s of small jumps add up. Train your calves, tibialis, hip flexor and lower body in general.

I miss jump rope as a kid, shit was cash doing double dutches and trying to be as fast as possible and throwing in tricks while you were at it. I'm 286lb now and looking at cardio other than just jogging/running, is jump rope pretty decent in terms of impact or should I avoid it?

Wouldn't mind capping off the end of a workout with say 20 mins or something of jumprope.

It's pretty taxing, builds coordination, woo ppl say it gets lymph moving, whatever that means. 8/10 cardio

Good cardio

Its fine just don't do it at the gym next to the weights like some asshole.

Great cardio and really fun when you get good at it. It works your forearms and shoulders (with a semi heavy rope) as well as calves. I just bought a Boxrope and it's probably the best all-around rope I've ever used.

What makes the boxrope so good?
      I've just started jumping rope in the mornings for cardio, and I'm not really happy with the hunk of shit cable rope I got at the store.

it's alright but it's a high impact as running if you're too much over 170. I do it sometimes if it's raining, I think it destroys shoes faster than running and no one make affordable shoes for it so it can be easily as costly going to the gym if you're going through a $160 pair of shoes every 4-5 months. Alternatively you can get the thickest jump mat and do it in socks those kind of wear out too but they're cheaper.

>he never experiences the pain of a fast rope on his foot's fingers

Don't skip rope barefoot, you could actually break some small bones

>break some small bones
        Really? That would have to be some really fast skipping, or a heavy rope.

I use the no rope kind of spinny things, they're hard as shit to get a feel for but they don't scoot my mat all over or tear up my carpet.

Only cardio worth doing

Its really not high impact like running if the person is doing it right. Its actually one of the safest.

One of the best there is. Easily accessible, cheap, doesn't require a lot of space, portable, and fatty friendly too. Plus the better you get at it the more calories you'll burn per session because you can go faster for much longer. Add in the coordination benefits and it's a solid 9/10 exercise

Terrible exercise if one need to shit.

Y use many word when retard who don't know engrish

Sorry for making you feel insecure about your own mother tongue skill which is the least complicated language that has ever exited by the way.

and yet you still can't speak it

Weighted handles with leather rope > speedrope for me

I like doing it for intensity, and I do 3 min rounds of rope along with shadow boxing and heavy bag. Don't skip out on running, though, and I find it's better for building endurance and works more of your lower body than skipping rope.

blasts your calves more than anything else. Shit as a warmup because all it does is make your calves tight as fuck.

It's called skipping

It is called jumping rope in the US. Skipping in less heterosexual countries.

Your sentences are mutually exclusive

Awesome, when a hot white girl is showing off.