Workout Routine Discussion

Okay IST bros... So I have been going to the gym for about more than 4 months and I am starting to see some progress on my arms (biceps, triceps and deltoids), but I want to add in more workouts in order to maximize muscle gain across my entire body.

My workout routine is as follows, which I do 3 days a week (since school and other life priorities kick in and I take a break between each workout day as recovery):

Seated Hammer Curls (25 lbs-dumbbells): 3x10 and X sets of 5 till failure.

Seated Overhead Tricep Extension (25lbs-dumbbells) : 3x10 and X sets of 5 till failure.

Chest Fly (80 lbs-machine): 3x10 and X sets of 5 till failure.

Rear Delt Fly (I plan to add this in next workout session since it seems that it covers a lot of the upper back muscles as well as delts): 3x10

Lateral/Deltoid Raise (50 lbs-machine): 3x10 and X sets of 5 till failure.

Hamstring Curl (9 lbs-machine): 3x10 and X sets of 5 till failure.

Preacher Curl Machine (50 lbs): 3x10 and X sets of 5 till failure.

Tricep Extension (50 lbs): 3x10 and X sets of 5 till failure.

Ab-Cruncher Machine (8 lbs): 3x10 and X sets of 5 till failure.

What other exercises would you guys suggest for me based off of this routine and any other forms of criticism/suggestions are much appreciated!

READ THE FUCKING STICKY

I've read it but I was curious on what people think of my current routine, you fucking brainlet.

its a lot of exercise a day, so would be a good idea to get rid of one of the tricep extensions. anyway, the only way a full body program like yours would work is with compound lifts and you're doing all isolation. just do a 3 day a week PPL split so you can make room for more exercises

I'll try looking into a PPL routine, but it's something I'm not used to since I've been doing full body workouts since the beginning of me going to the gym.

Maybe I'll see what other people's PPL routines are like and go with the one that best aligns with my goals?

yeah i think in the beginning you can do whatever you want really, as long as you're moving weight around. But eventually, especially with your time crunch, you gotta optimize everything and that usually means compound lifts and splitting your days up. Looking around is a good idea but obviously be careful, lots of programs online are dogshit.
        here is mine -
        Push day - OHP, Bench, lateral raises, skull crushers
        Pull day - Lat pulldowns, seated row, face pulls, hammer curls, bicep curls
        Legs - Squats, I alternate RDL and Hamstring curls, calf raises
        should give you an idea

This is a great point for me to think and explore different options, I really appreciate this! For each exercise, do you usually do 3 sets of 10 or it varies how much you are pushing?

this can be confusing and it is definitely not black and white. the general rule is that you want to do less reps on the big muscles (go heavier) and more reps on the small muscles (go lighter). 6 reps will work for bench press perfectly fine but imagine going that heavy for leg extensions, you'd fuck your knee. People usually go lighter weight on tricep work, lateral raises, curls and whatnot. I recommend you look up what rep ranges people generally use

I just do sets of 12 til failure

If I don't hit failure within 3 sets of 12 I increase the weight next time

Thanks a ton, I'll definitely try to see what range for reps works best for me and if anything I'll adjust overtime.

good luck newfag, WAGMI

I just do sets of 12 til failure

If I don't hit failure within 3 sets of 12 I increase the weight next time

wheres the ab stuff and back stuff?

[...]

Add pullups or some other compound to pull day, and core workouts on the day of your preference (situps, hanging leg raises, L-sits or whatever else) and you'll be good

It’s complete and utter shit you fucking retard
    There should be an iq test to post here

Care to explain on how to make it better instead of acting like the fucking retard here and immediately throwing out insults? Like I said, any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Just do Abbreviated Training.

add incline bench and squats

My current routine, open to suggestions on how to improve it. I have a rest day every 3 days so there's a break between squatting and deadlifting. I know the leg day is very low volume but I just don't enjoy it as much as pull or push days. Anyone got any ideas on changes I should make?

forgot to add image

looks pretty solid maybe add some hamstring work and more bicep if you have time

was thinking RDL's on leg day and chin ups at the end of pull day? I squat low bar at the moment

Just so whatever works. Most of the people on here are retarded and you're going to get 100 different answers.

Routine is lacking back exercises and to an extent chest and legs. Here's my recommendation:

-pulldowns and seated rows for back
    -replace chest flys for incline/decline press.
    -replace current tricep exercises for seated dip machines.
    -hyperextensions for lower back
    -leg press and calf raises for legs

Since you mentioned you're strapped for time, do a 2-day split routine.

Would you also suggest any face pulls as well as cable rope pulls for back and delts?

ten 200 meter sprints x10
    (push-ups / barbell curl holds) to failure x3

daily, twice per day

Your email address will not be published.